Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
Information We Collect About You
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Information you provide when you create an account or enter a competition, including your first name and surname, country of residence, date of birth, email address, telephone number and postal address.
- Information you provide when you purchase a product or service from us or request support whether through our sites or applications or by contacting our Customer Services Department, including your name, email address, billing address, telephone number and debit or credit card information (including card type, cardholder name, card number, expiry date and security code). We use industry-standard encryption technologies and a secure server for transferring and receiving credit card information exchanged with our sites.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
- Information you provide to us when you apply for jobs with other organisations which are advertised on our sites. We do not receive or store a copy of your application or CV. The relevant third party is responsible for your personal data and we shall have no liability to you arising out of or in connection with the submission of your CV and/or application to a third party through our sites.
- Certain automatic information such as usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send. Automatic information does not personally identify a single visitor. It tells us information such as how many users visited our website and which pages were accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors. We collect this information through technology such as "cookies" or "web beacons", as explained below.
Web Beacons: Certain pages on our websites contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs or java script equivalents). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
Use of Your Information by Us
We use the personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products, software and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and application or changes to our policies.
- Provided you have consented, send you information about products, software and services offered by us or our affiliates or by carefully selected third-parties that we think may be of interest to you.
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, software, services and operations.
- For internal purposes, such as for website administration, data analytics and compliance purposes.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information, except as described here.
- We may share the information you provide with affiliates of Springer Nature Limited (i.e. companies in our group) to perform services on our behalf or for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We may share the information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you information about their products and services or directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, it becomes subject to their privacy practices.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide on our sites or via any applications.
Access and Correction
We will provide website users with access to a copy of their personal information which they have provided through our sites or applications, where such users are reasonably entitled to ask for this, (for which we may charge a small fee not exceeding the statutory maximum) and they will have the ability to review and correct it, as applicable. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your information.
If you would like to update, correct or delete your registration information, you can do so on the 'My Account' page. Alternatively, you may email us at
If you would like to change your contact choices (e.g. for subscriptions, newsletters or alerts), you may email us at
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Certain features on our sites and applications may be age-gated so that they are not available for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
This Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our sites to notify you of any significant changes to our Policy and indicate at the top of the Policy when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us:
By sending an email to:
By writing to:
4 Crinan Street